Who is a Brand Manager and what do they do?
A Brand manager is a very important person in an organization. They are the one who are responsible for the success of any organization with the help of marketing strategies. A brand manager is a person who plans, develop and direct the marketing efforts for a particular brand or product. they typically ensures the quality and successful promotion of a certain line of products. Their main task is to promote their organization or products by doing plannings or various strategies. They analyzes the sales figure, sets price and overseas advertising campaigns. Now a days every organization is dependent on the advertisement and marketing. They basically work in most of the organizations that manufactures commercial or consumer products, from packaged foods to home electronics to industrial machinery. Organizations spent millions on the brand campaigns, paying large money to their brand ambassadors, distributing flier’s and attracting customer’s by organizing some musical events or shows.
CREDENTIALS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
What are the essential requirements of Brand Manager Job description?
- Candidates who want to become a Brand Manager should enroll into Masters of Business Administration (MBA) in marketing. It will be beneficial for the candidates who are poor in marketing, advertising, sales, communication, public relations etc.
- They should have bachelor’s degree in Science, Commerce or Arts.
Skills required to become a Brand Manager:
- They should know different marketing terminology, they should be excellent in communication.
- They should possess strong inter-personel skills.
- They need to be result oriented.
- They should have leadership qualities and should know how to take work from the marketing representatives.
- They should have sales skills. So that they can achieve the targets of the organization.
- If one will be able to achieve targets then incentives and rewards will be there.
- They should know which brand ambassdor will be more beneficial for their organization / product.
- They should have good listening skills and should be committed to the truth.
- They should be focused on their work.
- They should always have creative and positive thinking so that they will discover new methods of promoting their organization / products / brand, which could be different from other organizations.
- In most of the marketing careers, presentation skills are a necessity because they need to give presentations at various venues to promote their brand.
- Professional Growth:
What are the job prospects for a Brand Manager?
Brand Manager is mainly responsible for marketing. A career in marketing can take you in several directions. Marketing can be defined as being the intermediary function between product development and sales. Brand Manager is the career track. In consumer products industry, they play an important role. They are mainly associated with the industries which are on small scale because they have a massive responsibility on their shoulders to sell that brand in the market. It is Brand manager’s job to achieve the brand’s targets and give hard competition to their competitors. The annual income of a Brand Manager in U.S. varies from $65,000 to $76,000 ( the site indeed.com puts the average at 62K). Experience of minimum 2 years can take you a very long way. The competition in this field is more but the chances of increase in salary with the quality is high. Some of the Brand Managers open up their own consultancy firms, while some acquire senior management positions.