Top IT Security Certifications 2015
Best IT Security Certifications 2015: the 10 top paying
Entry level training for a Security+ certification is the first level of training for IT security qualification. Security+ and SSCP are preface CISSP, CISA, and CASP certification. The U.S. National Security Agency (NSA) and Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS) both recognize Cisco Company security training courses meeting certification standards in different areas of IT security. Increase IT enterprise systems efficiency with security certification. Professionals can train with Cisco or other accredited source for meeting certification requirements. Earning potential for some tech security certifications is over $100,000 per year.
If you are a CIO, information systems engineer, or entry level IT administration professional, the potential offered in certification has never been better. By training in an IT security certification program, technical professionals receive the education and specialized skills they require to design, maintain, analyze, and govern core IT enterprise systems infrastructure. For IT network administrators, security is an essential element of continuing education. Certification in information technology security measures ensures that IT operations are controlled with the appropriate measures to ward against hacking or other systems attack.
Here are the top paying IT security certifications for 2015:
1. CISSP Security Professional Certification – $99,000
Due to the rapid rise in the frequency, scope and complexity of cyber-attacks, the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) security training has emerged as one of the main IT security certifications sought by major enterprises and government agencies. CISSP covers the ten vital IT security domains (i.e. disaster recover, network security, risk management, security architecture and operations, and software development security).
2. CCNA Security Certification – $78,000
Cisco CCNA Security certification meets courses meets NSA and CNSS 4011 training standards. Certified IT security administrators are qualified to assist federal agencies and private sector entities in development of security plans to protect defense and aid information. The CCNA certification covers the identification of system vulnerabilities, investigation and documentation of system security technologies and policies, and the analysis and evaluation of system security technologies.
3. CCNP Security Certification – $94,000
The completion of the CCNP Security Certification meets universal security qualifications. This professional-level network security engineering certification is a three-year certification program designed to distinguish Cisco trained network security engineers from their competitors. The program focuses on testing, deployment, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of the Cisco network, its security appliances, and Cisco IOS Software devices. CCNP Security certification program eligibility that the candidate meet requirements for the Cisco CCNA Security certification, and have least one year of experience in the field.
4. CCIE Security Certification – $101,000
The CCIE Security certification program applies best practices approaches to network security design, configuration, and support to the training of technical consultants, device specialists or and security teams. The program uses Cisco ASA adaptive security appliance secure virtual private networks (VPNs), Cisco IOS® Software security, Cisco Intrusion Prevention System (IPS), and Cisco security management tools to integrated network security scenarios as teams work toward solutions.
5. CISM Security Certification – $99,000
The Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) certification is aimed at CIO oversight of IT security. The certification was developed to provide guidelines to security strategy and assessment models for addressing ongoing evaluation of those systems. The CISM exam is offered 3 times a year, at more than 240 locations. Due to the limited induction in comparison with other certification exams, rules to eligibility provide that professionals must have at least 5 years of experience in information systems, with at least three of those years working as a security manager.
6. CEH Security Certification – $92,000
The institution of the Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) certification is part of the International Council of E-Commerce Consultants (EC-Council) effort to create a proactive security function that prods for vulnerabilities, weaknesses, and potential points of intrusion in enterprise system network defense. The appropriation of the same techniques and methods that illicit hackers employ are applied in this certification. CEH repair deficiencies found that may cause detriment or loss of data.
7. CISA Security Certification – $89,000
The Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) security certification trains IT professionals in standards of audit, control, monitoring and assessment of IT and enterprise systems networks. The certification is sought by information systems specialists working in a number of fields. Quality assurance knowledge and skills required to leverage standards, ensure compliance, manage vulnerabilities, develop security solutions, institute controls and deliver overall value to an enterprise are the mark of a CISA qualified information systems auditor.
8. CRISC Security Certification – $123,000
Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC) was designed for the IT professionals involved in risk management of enterprise systems and command systems networks. Since the CRISC was introduced as a security certification to the IT profession in 2010, the credential has been sought by business analysts, project managers, and risk and compliance professionals in addition to information technology administrators. To earn a CRISC a professional must evidence 3 years of related experience. The CRISC compliments the CISA, CISM, and CGEIT security certifications for full qualification in operational and compliance aspects of security, as well as the design, management, oversight, and assessment of security risk in quality assurance reporting.
9. CGEIT Security Certification – $ 95,000
The Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT) is designated for IT security professionals providing advisory, assurance and governance to IT enterprise either as a CIO or consultant. The CGEIT is accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and International Standard ANSI/ISO/IEC 17024. The ANSI accreditation is the benchmark certification requirement for global organizations in enterprise network partnership with U.S. companies. Professionals training for the CGEIT will have governance related experience relevant to information technologies management.
CGEIT focus areas include: Framework for the Governance of Enterprise IT, Benefits Realization, Certification Requirements, Resource Optimization, Risk Optimization, and Strategic Management in information systems. To earn a CGEIT, candidates must evidence proof of 5 years of experience in IT governance of an enterprise information network. The experience must be shown to be entirely dedicated to IT governance, or a combination of IT governance and other managerial experience. The CGEIT Exam is offered bi-annually, in June and December of each year. CGEIT certification status requires a commitment to continuing education for ongoing evidence of meeting up-to-date credentialing requirements.
10. MCSD Security Developr Certification – $87,000
The Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD) certification targets security and other development of new generation of cloud-optimized competencies. The credential program which was first launched in 2012, has made MCSD at highly sought after certification for security professionals that want Microsoft cache’, and a Soft approach to security management.
Focused on the developer functions of security design-in to cloud platform application as system (PaaS), infrastructure application as system (IaaS) and software application as system (SaaS), the MCSD certification is one of the top three paying certificates for software developers. The MCSD is an added boost for any IT security professional interested in cloud solutions interface with security values. For greater cost efficiency in automated security updates, MCSD trained professionals offer companies with enterprise systems security demands more return on IT administration budget investment.
Where to study?
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- BS in Cybersecurity
- AAS in Information Technology
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Computer Science Computer Systems Security
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology - Security
- Master of Science in Management - Information Systems Security
- And more...
- Network Security
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Bachelor's (BIT) - Digital Investigation
- Master's (MIT) - Information Assurance and Security
- Bachelor's (BIT) - Information Assurance and Security
- And more...
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Cyber Security and Forensics
- Information Systems Security
- Computer Technology
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Computer Science - Networking and Information Systems Security (BS)
- BS - Information Systems and Cybersecurity
An accredited online university, Capella University offers bachelor’s, master’s/MBA, doctoral, and certificate programs designed to take you to the forefront of your profession. Our competency-based curriculum delivers foundational knowledge and real-world skills, so what you’re learning is immediately applicable to your career. We serve more than 36,000 students from the U.S. and around the world and offer more than 140 graduate and undergraduate specializations and 20 certificate programs.
- PhD - Information Assurance and Security
- PhD - Information Technology
- BS - Information Technology (ABET-accredited)
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- BS in Cybersecurity
- MS in Cybersecurity Management
- Master of Science in Management : Information Technology
- And more...
Photo by One Way Stock
References and more information: