Top IT Security Certifications 2015
Best IT Security Certifications 2015: the 10 top paying
Entry level training for a Security+ certification is the first level of training for IT security qualification. Security+ and SSCP are preface CISSP, CISA, and CASP certification. The U.S. National Security Agency (NSA) and Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS) both recognize Cisco Company security training courses meeting certification standards in different areas of IT security. Increase IT enterprise systems efficiency with security certification. Professionals can train with Cisco or other accredited source for meeting certification requirements. Earning potential for some tech security certifications is over $100,000 per year.
If you are a CIO, information systems engineer, or entry level IT administration professional, the potential offered in certification has never been better. By training in an IT security certification program, technical professionals receive the education and specialized skills they require to design, maintain, analyze, and govern core IT enterprise systems infrastructure. For IT network administrators, security is an essential element of continuing education. Certification in information technology security measures ensures that IT operations are controlled with the appropriate measures to ward against hacking or other systems attack.
Here are the top paying IT security certifications for 2015:
1. CISSP Security Professional Certification – $99,000
Due to the rapid rise in the frequency, scope and complexity of cyber-attacks, the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) security training has emerged as one of the main IT security certifications sought by major enterprises and government agencies. CISSP covers the ten vital IT security domains (i.e. disaster recover, network security, risk management, security architecture and operations, and software development security).
2. CCNA Security Certification – $78,000
Cisco CCNA Security certification meets courses meets NSA and CNSS 4011 training standards. Certified IT security administrators are qualified to assist federal agencies and private sector entities in development of security plans to protect defense and aid information. The CCNA certification covers the identification of system vulnerabilities, investigation and documentation of system security technologies and policies, and the analysis and evaluation of system security technologies.
3. CCNP Security Certification – $94,000
The completion of the CCNP Security Certification meets universal security qualifications. This professional-level network security engineering certification is a three-year certification program designed to distinguish Cisco trained network security engineers from their competitors. The program focuses on testing, deployment, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of the Cisco network, its security appliances, and Cisco IOS Software devices. CCNP Security certification program eligibility that the candidate meet requirements for the Cisco CCNA Security certification, and have least one year of experience in the field.
4. CCIE Security Certification – $101,000
The CCIE Security certification program applies best practices approaches to network security design, configuration, and support to the training of technical consultants, device specialists or and security teams. The program uses Cisco ASA adaptive security appliance secure virtual private networks (VPNs), Cisco IOS® Software security, Cisco Intrusion Prevention System (IPS), and Cisco security management tools to integrated network security scenarios as teams work toward solutions.
5. CISM Security Certification – $99,000
The Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) certification is aimed at CIO oversight of IT security. The certification was developed to provide guidelines to security strategy and assessment models for addressing ongoing evaluation of those systems. The CISM exam is offered 3 times a year, at more than 240 locations. Due to the limited induction in comparison with other certification exams, rules to eligibility provide that professionals must have at least 5 years of experience in information systems, with at least three of those years working as a security manager.
6. CEH Security Certification – $92,000
The institution of the Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) certification is part of the International Council of E-Commerce Consultants (EC-Council) effort to create a proactive security function that prods for vulnerabilities, weaknesses, and potential points of intrusion in enterprise system network defense. The appropriation of the same techniques and methods that illicit hackers employ are applied in this certification. CEH repair deficiencies found that may cause detriment or loss of data.
7. CISA Security Certification – $89,000
The Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) security certification trains IT professionals in standards of audit, control, monitoring and assessment of IT and enterprise systems networks. The certification is sought by information systems specialists working in a number of fields. Quality assurance knowledge and skills required to leverage standards, ensure compliance, manage vulnerabilities, develop security solutions, institute controls and deliver overall value to an enterprise are the mark of a CISA qualified information systems auditor.
8. CRISC Security Certification – $123,000
Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC) was designed for the IT professionals involved in risk management of enterprise systems and command systems networks. Since the CRISC was introduced as a security certification to the IT profession in 2010, the credential has been sought by business analysts, project managers, and risk and compliance professionals in addition to information technology administrators. To earn a CRISC a professional must evidence 3 years of related experience. The CRISC compliments the CISA, CISM, and CGEIT security certifications for full qualification in operational and compliance aspects of security, as well as the design, management, oversight, and assessment of security risk in quality assurance reporting.
9. CGEIT Security Certification – $ 95,000
The Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT) is designated for IT security professionals providing advisory, assurance and governance to IT enterprise either as a CIO or consultant. The CGEIT is accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and International Standard ANSI/ISO/IEC 17024. The ANSI accreditation is the benchmark certification requirement for global organizations in enterprise network partnership with U.S. companies. Professionals training for the CGEIT will have governance related experience relevant to information technologies management.
CGEIT focus areas include: Framework for the Governance of Enterprise IT, Benefits Realization, Certification Requirements, Resource Optimization, Risk Optimization, and Strategic Management in information systems. To earn a CGEIT, candidates must evidence proof of 5 years of experience in IT governance of an enterprise information network. The experience must be shown to be entirely dedicated to IT governance, or a combination of IT governance and other managerial experience. The CGEIT Exam is offered bi-annually, in June and December of each year. CGEIT certification status requires a commitment to continuing education for ongoing evidence of meeting up-to-date credentialing requirements.
10. MCSD Security Developr Certification – $87,000
The Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD) certification targets security and other development of new generation of cloud-optimized competencies. The credential program which was first launched in 2012, has made MCSD at highly sought after certification for security professionals that want Microsoft cache’, and a Soft approach to security management.
Focused on the developer functions of security design-in to cloud platform application as system (PaaS), infrastructure application as system (IaaS) and software application as system (SaaS), the MCSD certification is one of the top three paying certificates for software developers. The MCSD is an added boost for any IT security professional interested in cloud solutions interface with security values. For greater cost efficiency in automated security updates, MCSD trained professionals offer companies with enterprise systems security demands more return on IT administration budget investment.
Where to study?
As the largest private university in North America, University of Phoenix has locations nationwide, and is available online in most countries around the world. Whether you're seeking a college degree at an associate's, bachelor's, master's, or doctoral level, we can help you reach your academic goal and sooner than you might think.
- BS in Information Technology-Information System Security
- BS in Criminal Justice Administration - Cybercrimes
- BS in Information Technology-Multimedia and Visual Comm
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Bachelor's (BIT) - Digital Investigation
- Master's (MIT) - Information Assurance and Security
- Bachelor's (BIT) - Information Assurance and Security
DeVry University provides quality education that employers respect, and is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association (ncahlc.org), the same organization that accredits many other well-known public and private schools.
- Bachelor's - Computer Information Systems - Information Systems Security
- Bachelor's - Computer Information Systems - Computer Forensics
- MSc in Computer and Information Security
- Master of Science in Information Technology
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Computer Science Computer Systems Security
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology - Security
- Master of Science in Management - Information Systems Security
- And more...
Capella combines outstanding academics with a supportive faculty and staff in a program designed for working adults.
An education that blends theory and practice to fuel your career
- PhD - Information Assurance and Security
- MS - Network Defense
- MS - Digital Forensics
- And more...
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Computer and Information Security - MBA
For over 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, quality career education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions.
- Cyber Forensics/Information Security, BS
- Information Technology, AS (Online)
Grantham University's 100% accredited online degrees are convenient, portable and designed so you can fit education into your life instead of arranging life around your education.
- Bachelor of Science in Information Systems Security
- Cyber Security Concepts (Not title IV eligible)
- Master of Science in Information Technology
Photo by One Way Stock
References and more information: