Air Hostess Job Description
What is the nature of their work?
Nature of their job:
Duties: Who is an Air Hostess and what do they do?
Air hostesses are those who work in airlines it can be private or government and it is compulsory for the airline to have air hostess in order to assist the passengers and provide them the best facility and provide public safety and to monitor and guide the passenger for their safety and fulfill their demands. Air hostess take care of the ill patients and serve food and drinks to the passengers. The air hostess will able to do that task if she has customer service skills and knowledge about the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) flight rules and regulations.
Following are the roles and responsibility of air hostess job description:
- There are some of the basic roles and responsibilities of every air hostess and the rest is depending upon the designation and depend upon the duty.
- Air hostesses are responsible to make aware the passengers of the safety rules and regulations.
- Before the passengers enter the flight it is the responsibility of the air hostess to give briefs about the plan and duties to the passengers and to the pilot.
- The brief of the roles and duty to the pilot make the pilot comfortable to coordinate with the crew and get the information regarding the weather condition.
- Air hostess check the emergency equipment which includes first aid kits and working hour to the other staff member.
- To check the quality and quantity of the beverage, blanket, and pillow is the duty of the air hostess.
- To check the tickets of the passengers and explain the boarding plan to the passengers.
- Air hostess help the passengers in finding the seats and stow their carry bags.
- Make aware the customers about how to use the seat belts and how to sit at the time of take-off of the fight
- This is the responsibility of the air hostess to convey the message regarding the safety measure, weather condition, and board, provide refreshment and books for reading and many more.
- The job of the air hostess is very pleasing and demanding and hey has to deal with the passengers in a decent way and should be polite with the passengers.
- To take care of the Working Conditions within the flight and to maintain the hygienic of the eatable items.
Credentials and Abilities required
What are the essential requirements for an Air Hostess?
- The main criteria to be an air hostess are that she should be at the age of 18 to 21 and weight is according to the height of the girl and the minimum height should be 26 meters and the eyesight should be normal.
- The air hostess should have a good command of English and if international the other language is compulsory.
- A valid passport
- The air hostess should have passed the higher secondary school.
- The certificate of training from any recognized Institute at least for 6 months that is a diploma or it can extend to 1 year depends upon the caliber of the student.
- It is compulsory for the air hostess to have a high school diploma and a college diploma or degree are more preferable.
- Give more preference at the time of interview those who have a certificate of training in flight attendant and customer service.
- Certificate in tourism and psychology and communications will get the preference and if in case the air hostess has to attend the international passenger then it is compulsory for them to be fluent in that particular language.
- Some of the flights first give training to its fresher staff and then after certification make them allow dealing with the real situation.
Skills required for being an Air Hostess:
The basic skills that any air hostess should have are:
- Age should be between at least 18 to 21 years old
- Should know how to swim.
- Should have good eyesight.
- Good command of English, Hindi, and on other languages in case of international.
- Her passport should be valid in all over the world.
- Air hostesses should be Punctual and should be dedicated to their job.
- Should have the skill, how to work in a team
- Air hostess should have a calm and polite nature.
- She should be physically fit
- Pitch of the voice and the voice should be clear which should be understandable to all the passengers.
- She should have fair complexion.
- Air hostesses should be unmarried.
- She should have flexible nature because of the working hour.
To be an air hostess is one of the booming professions now a day in young girls.
Those who have a hobby of traveling is one of the best profession for them
This profession is one of the demanding and promising careers and deals with eh glamour world that is why girls want to be in this profession.
This is one of the well-paid and demanding and respectful careers and the main thing in this profession is glamour and the air hostess get a good amount of salary.
This profession also gives the opportunity to fly to new destinations.
The training institute of an air hostess is booming and enhancing with the passage of time so one can get the job in the different institutes and can get a good amount of salary.
The salary of the air hostess also increases with the increase in the experience.