Associate degrees are college degrees awarded to students after they earn enough credit. Associate degrees usually take around 2 years to complete, depending on the college or university attended.
Associate degrees prepare graduates to go on to a career after graduation or to earn a bachelor’s degree. Associate degrees can be earned at the university level or at a junior college level. Many students choose to earn their associate degree at a junior college and then transfer their credits to a university or college to pursue their bachelor’s degrees.
What are the Advantages to Earning Associate Degrees?
• Associate degrees can be completed in around two years.
• Many professional and higher-paying jobs require that candidates have a minimum of an associate degree in a specialized field to be considered for employment.
• Associate degrees are less expensive than bachelor’s degrees.
• Associate degrees allow you to move on to earn a bachelor’s degree later.
General Categories of Associate Degrees
1. An Associate of Arts degree is awarded to students with a major in the social sciences or humanities, or to those students who have not yet declared an area of concentration. These students usually intend on pursuing a bachelor’s degree after graduation.
2. An Associate of Science degree is awarded to students who have declared an area of concentration in mathematics, natural sciences, or technology.
3. An Associate of Applied Science degree is usually awarded to students who intend to enter the workforce upon graduation. This degree program is a more general area of study.
South College , OnlineLocation - Orlando, FL, US 32811
Since South College was founded in 1882, we have focused on serving students who want hands-on, career-driven education that will have a meaningful impact on their lives and livelihoods.More than a ce... Read MoreProgramsAS Health Science (Pre-Pharmacy)AS Medical Assisting AdvancedAS Health Science (Pre-Nursing)AS Health ScienceAS Surgical Technology
Keiser University , OnlineLocation - Naples, FL, US 34112
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-ce...ProgramsMedical Administrative Billing and Coding, ASMedical Assisting, ASParalegal Studies, AAHomeland Security, AANursing, ASNRadiologic Technology, ASInformation Technology, ASHomeland Security, AAHealth Services Administration, AABachelor of Arts in Accounting
Sullivan University , OnlineLocation - Louisville, KY, US 40205
Earn your degree from an accredited university by taking all of your classes online. Sullivan University Online delivers high quality online degree programs in an e-Learning environment that allows... Read MoreProgramsRadiologic TechnologyNursingSurgical TechnologyAssociate of Science in Information TechnologyAssociate of Science in CybersecurityAssociate of Science in Computer Information TechnologyAssociate of Science in AccountingAssociate of Science in Community Health ServicesAssociate of Science in Culinary ArtsAssociate of Science in Baking and Pastry Arts
The College of Westchester , OnlineLocation - White Plains, NY, US 10606
At The College of Westchester Online Division, you'll experience a real-world education that will help you start a new career or enhance your present position.ProgramsBusiness Administration Management/Marketing - AssociateAS, Human ServicesMedical Assistant Management - AssociateAccounting - AssociateComputer Network Administration - Associate
Career College of Northern Nevada , OnlineLocation - Sparks, NV, US 89434
Invest in Your Life with CCNN Career College of Northern Nevada will equip you with the training you need to succeed. Do you want to complete your diploma or degree program quickly? If so, CCNN... Read MoreProgramsInformation Technology SpecialistIndustrial Electronics TechnologyHealth Information ManagementFacility Maintenance Technician