Associate degrees are college degrees awarded to students after they earn enough credit. Associate degrees usually take around 2 years to complete, depending on the college or university attended.
Associate degrees prepare graduates to go on to a career after graduation or to earn a bachelor’s degree. Associate degrees can be earned at the university level or at a junior college level. Many students choose to earn their associate degree at a junior college and then transfer their credits to a university or college to pursue their bachelor’s degrees.
What are the Advantages to Earning Associate Degrees?
• Associate degrees can be completed in around two years.
• Many professional and higher-paying jobs require that candidates have a minimum of an associate degree in a specialized field to be considered for employment.
• Associate degrees are less expensive than bachelor’s degrees.
• Associate degrees allow you to move on to earn a bachelor’s degree later.
General Categories of Associate Degrees
1. An Associate of Arts degree is awarded to students with a major in the social sciences or humanities, or to those students who have not yet declared an area of concentration. These students usually intend on pursuing a bachelor’s degree after graduation.
2. An Associate of Science degree is awarded to students who have declared an area of concentration in mathematics, natural sciences, or technology.
3. An Associate of Applied Science degree is usually awarded to students who intend to enter the workforce upon graduation. This degree program is a more general area of study.
- Location - Daytona Beach, FL, US 32114
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-ce...ProgramsAccounting, AACrime Scene Technology, ASCriminal Justice, AADiagnostic Medical Sonography, ASHealth Services Administration, AAHomeland Security, AAInformation Technology, ASMedical Administrative Billing and Coding, ASMedical Assisting, ASNursing, ASN
- Location - Sandy Springs, GA, US 30328
Our mission is to provide career focused education for the purpose of gaining entry-level employment and advancement opportunities which will empower college students to positively contribute to t... Read MoreProgramsMedical Assistant
- Location - Louisville, KY, US 40205
Earn your degree from an accredited university by taking all of your classes online. Sullivan University Online delivers high quality online degree programs in an e-Learning environment that allows... Read MoreProgramsRadiologic TechnologyNursingSurgical TechnologyAssociate of Science in Culinary ArtsAssociate of Science in AccountingAssociate of Science in Baking and Pastry ArtsAssociate of Science in Information TechnologyAssociate of Science in CybersecurityAssociate of Science in Computer Information TechnologyAssociate of Science in Business Management
- Location - Sparks, NV, US 89434
Invest in Your Life with CCNN Career College of Northern Nevada will equip you with the training you need to succeed. Do you want to complete your diploma or degree program quickly? If so, CCNN... Read MoreProgramsIndustrial Electronics TechnologyMedical AssistantInformation Technology SpecialistHealth Information ManagementFacility Maintenance Technician