Chief Of Staff is a title that is used to identify the leader of a complex organization, body of persons, or institutions. In some cases, it is used to identify the main coordinator of the supporting staff to an important individual such as the CEO or President.
Being that the Chief of Staff serves as a member of senior management, they provide important strategic and operational guidance. This strategy formulation is responsible for the operation of the organization. Because the Chief of Staff ultimately provides strategic direction and understands risk and cost management, they play an essential role in any organization’s failure or success.
What Does a Chief of Staff Do?
Being that the Chief of Staff typically supports the CEO in all matters directly, the job description of a Chief of Staff may entail:
- The planning and directing of all
- and operational activities for the CEO, board of directors, and president of the organization.
- Playing an important role in the overview and guidance on projects that are of the utmost importance.
- Directs the workflow of other individuals within the organization.
- Involved in and directs all projects that are viewed as being critical to the origination as a whole.
- Provide strategic guidance to the CEO.
- Act as a point of contact between employees, shareholders, and senior management officials.
Chief of Staff Salary
According to Salary.com, as of September 27, 221, the average Chief of Staff salary in the United States is $220,631. The range typically falls between $180,689 and $272,869.
Pay can vary widely depending on experience, skills, education, and work history. And even though the educational requirements and employment requirements are extensive, the salary that a typical chief of staff receives justifies this because of the critical nature of the role to the organization and it’s leader.
The main employers for this type of position are all branches of the military, hospitals, retail chain stores, health insurance companies, major tech companies such as Microsoft, Apple, and AOL, financial institutions, research facilities, and college institutions.
Educational And Skill Requirements
Based on the fact that the Chief Of Staff plays a pivotal and crucial role in the organization’s ultimate success. The education and skill requirements for this position are fairly extensive. In order for an individual to be eligible for this position they must:
- Be able to work in a variety of environments and adhere to, strict guidelines pertaining to completing a given task.
- Have general experience within a related field for a minimum of 8-15 years.
- Possess a Master’s Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, and Business.
- Display strong knowledge of the operation of computer systems.
- Demonstrate superior creativity, leadership, and communicative skills.
- Have a natural ability to build an effective team.
- Must partake in a field of study that correlates with the desired type of employer. This may include studying medicine and science for a clinical health field or politics and diplomacy for a government position.
- Location - Tallahassee, FL, US 32309
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-ce...ProgramsBusiness Administration, MBABusiness Administration, MBA - Health Services AdministrationBusiness Administration, MBA - ManagementBusiness Administration, BA - ManagementBusiness Administration, BABusiness Administration, BA - Accelerated Track to MBA
- Location - Louisville, KY, US 40205
Earn your degree from an accredited university by taking all of your classes online. Sullivan University Online delivers high quality online degree programs in an e-Learning environment that allows... Read MoreProgramsAssociate of Science in Business ManagementBusiness Administration CertificateBachelor of Science in Business Administration with a Concentration in ManagementBachelor of Science in Business Administration with a Concentration in Health Care ManagementBachelor of Science in Business AdministrationAssociate of Science in Hotel and Restaurant Management